Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blog #8 Reflections on Blogging

The use of blogs is a positive educational tool. It enables students to reflect on content and continue to practice writing skills. It also allows collaboration by commenting on other classmates posts and also receiving those comments. My experience in the past with blogging has been more of a free form journal. Mostly posts were done for my band and it was information and insights on shows and recording sessions that kept the blog going. The formalized approach I have used in the class I am taking seems a bit forced and out of my style to use as a journal of information.


The Web 2.0 tools I have discovered over the past month is too large to list. All of these tools will streamline my work as an educator. I can now share bookmarks, set up social networks for my performing groups and coordinate calendars and help my fellow teachers do the same. Integrating these tools into daily routine has already streamlined some of my work. The major drawback of using any of this technology is the lack of technology available to my students. There are still students without computers or internet. My school lacks the funding to up keep computers and we are forced to work on old equipment that can not run some of the new tools available.


The tools and technology is great to have in education as they open many doors of possibility for students and staff. This technology needs to be supported well and regualr funding available to keep up to date computers in the hands of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment