Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Contemplating My Dream Job Part 2

Back in March I was given a prompt for my class to blog about my Dream Job. http://bobwalkjr.blogspot.com/2010/03/week-4-discussion-topic-2-contemplating.html
Part of that post talked about the job I applied for at a Music College. Two months after that post and almost one month after graduation, that job is open. Now, with the experiences and education I have gained from my Master’s program, the implementation of an LMS at the school I have been teaching (which has an Arts focus) and the development and implementation of a virtual platform to hold classes when the school building needed to be closed, I feel confident that this job is meant for me. 
This can also be tied into my coming full circle with my Master’s program. I entered the journey based on the let down of applying for this job a few years ago, learning that I needed a Master’s degree. Now I can bring to the table my love of music, ideas and projects that are developed. Online classes and platforms that are being improved and can be incorporated in the creation of online music classes at the school I earned my undergrad degree. Hopefully soon, I can post about the beginning of my next journey in this position. 








Illustration used with permission from www.cartoonstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment