Wednesday, February 2, 2011

RPM Challenge Day 2

This is sort of an odd update. It’s also sort of a flashback to RPM ’08 with all of the snow. (the photo is from that challenge) So I had to spend day 2 of the challenge running some online classes for my day job, then clearing the driveway.
Not all is lost though. Day 1 was pretty productive. I was able to do what I like to call “idea recordings”. I just let the portable recorder roll while I play and will go back later to pull the ideas to develop and make something out of them. I have at least two solid ideas going, possibly three. I think the recording I had to do for my students helped set the tone to get it all to happen. 
Now for the bad news. A new challenge popped up for me this year, that is a lack of practice space. Life challenges and changes moved me around, and with that I lost my own little music making cave. Now I find myself in my peak time to create with a house full of sleeping people and no where to work on my music. I guess my options are to just  bring everyone along and make my noise to beat this challenge, or try to find a space where I won’t disturb anyone. I’m open for any suggestions and help with this dilemma if anyone has any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment