Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 2 Discussion Deeper - Podcasts in Education

There are quite a few podcasts, I browse through. The content has given my personal information in my own education and a lot can be passed on to either colleagues or students depending on the lessons. Podcasts are also a great addition to texts and can enhance reading assignments. Here are some of my subscriptions:
Live in Concert from All Songs Considered: http://www.npr.org/templates/rss/podlayer.php?id=1039
Ok, NPR does offer positive programming. If only they would do this in the morning. (refer to my blog about waking to NPR) What a source to add to your music collection as well. Sounds and sights of live performances from a variety of music styles. I use this tool in songwriting courses, music theory and appreciation as it is a free source of music discussed in these classes. 
Instructional Design Network: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/idnetwork
Also found in the iTunes store, this is a great source of things we have learned here at Full Sail. Dr. Deason’s screen flow videos and tutorials are easy to follow and a great qucik reference of how to use the tools we need in the classroom. 
I used this as a source for my thesis. I also recommend browsing this site as there are great sources for all subjects and topics in the Library of Congress Podcasts. 
I have used topics in NOLO’s podcast for a number of issues. Some in training new officers of my Local to what some of the labor laws are. I have also used them for copyright information and other basic legal information I was looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment