Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 2 Discussion Post Topic #1 - Music in My Personal Life

My answer to the questions for this post is yes. One thing that is left out of this topic is “do you perform music?” Most of you know me after these past ten months together and my answer is still yes. Not only do I play music for my livelihood, it is a constant means of therapy for me. When I pick up my instrument and begin to make music, the rest of the world seems to melt away for that moment. When I am done, I often have a clearer sense of what is going on around me. As far as listening goes, I am an active listener and collector of music. I own too many CDs to count and always pick up more. My cassette collection is only a few short in number to my CD collection with a few duplications of titles. Something also left out of the mix here is vinyl. I am the proud owner of a large collection of original album covers. There is something about the sound of jazz songs on vinyl that just can’t be replicated with a CD or mp3. The addition of cover art adds to the experience. This is not to say I don’t have a full iPod and an iTunes library that holds most of what I mention above. I have always enjoyed Pandora and recently have become addicted to iLike. I can’t explain the joy I have discovering new artists and music through this platform. Hi, my name is Bob....... I’m addicted to music and have no plans to do anything about it besides continuing to feed my addiction. 



Photos Retrieved from: http://www.musicgraphicsgalore.net



1 comment: