Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 4 Post - Coming Full Circle

There have been many posts about getting over walls and hurdles while completing the last steps of our Master’s program. Some of my past posts have compared this process to similar challenges I have taken on in the past. During all of these challenges, something always gets in the way of success. The challenge of completing this program is no different. This post is about coming full circle with the process.
I took on this challenge at both an ideal time and probably the worse time in my life. It was ideal as I have begun the personal process of moving on and improving my life. Earning my Master’s degree has been a goal of mine and it is now becoming a goal obtained. The opportunity found me and I tool advantage of it. 
It came at the worse time as there were a few personal life matters that needed to be resolved. My first month coincided with the peak of this difficult time. My hesitation to begin this journey was due to the other aspects in my life I needed to deal with. Through the push of friends, I began the program in spite of everything else I needed to work through and focus my energy on. 
I am happy to announce that both events went rather well. I survived my personal ordeal and my first mont of FSO. I was also gained a group of friends in FSO who stuck together throughout the program. 
Now, I am about to enter the final month and I wonder where the time went. As I pull together all of the pieces from the past year to create a final media project, I find myself where I started. Some of the personal ordeal has resurfaced, at the worse time possible. I am learning how to pull together aspects of a project while still holding down work and family obligations. It will be an adventure entering the next cycle. 
Photo Credit: From en.wiki: Calligraphy by Kanjuro Shibata XX "Enso".

1 comment:

  1. I am an iron-clad believer in the fact that the Universe provides. I don't buy the "God never gives you more than you can handle" line, but I DO think that, when She throws too much at us at once, She also makes sure we've got people around to hold us up, pick up slack, or run interference for us.... even the stalkers are good to have around....

    Congratulations, my friend! I'm really, really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete