Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 2 Wimba - Wimbas are cool, archives are a let down

The topic of group collaboration is what really makes a Wimba Session. Watching the archive is a great way to get the information covered, but it is like watching your friends play outside from your bedroom window while you are in bed sick. I really did miss the chat and banter as I went through the archive and thought about just typing all of my comments and having everyone guess where the conversations were. 
Anyway, I did gain a sense of relief (sort of) through the session. Completing 75% of the media project by Monday the 22nd doesn’t seem so bad. I even scheduled how to get it done. Now I just need to figure out the thesis paper aspect. I really wish our class would get a bit of a break and this paper would be due on the 28th instead. Especially since we missed the month 9 introduction of getting the media project done. At least I can dream. 
One question that came up as I watched was, what are the other 2 things that the review panel looks at? Joe said there were 4 and mentioned the thesis paper and the media project. My guess is one s the content proposal, is the 4th the presentation? I guess we will learn all about it next month. I did like the brief passing statement of blogging v writing a paper, I need to pass this along to a somewhat hesitant English teacher. 
Some of the other things of note took place within the context of the conversations. I really need to get Donna’s eye strain exercises as the strain is an issue for me these past few days. I really appreciate the listing of the proposal due date and find it really funny that a lot of people misread it. “Due the next tomorrow” This is going to be a line I use often. It works well on an A/B schedule. It is sad that the copyright sessions are not happening. I have a lot of experience with the law and still learned quite a bit in the sessions last month. I highly recommend going through the website to my classmates as it is pulled together in plain English and highly organized. 
Just to push the buttons, I often like to with the classmates, I’ll end by saying Joe’s shirt was cool.

2 comments:

  1. So, Bob, I am highlighting some of your comments when I paste this blog to mine, not just because I liked them, but also because I found your banterings pertinent to the blogs, observations and critiques that my students will be doing on their NING site. Thanks for your observations. They were right on! Collaboration is my new love in the classroom but also online - who knew that I would find interaction and teamwork to be valuable in an online program! I want my students to understand the importance of sharing and trusting their classmates with their artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt comment reminds of the old adage: If you can't fence (sword play) than wear a big hat.

    ReplyDelete